Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jackson's GQ look, except for the hair!
















For church this past Sunday, we dressed Jackson in his new clothes courtesy of Aunt Macie and his new navy shoes courtesy of Mimi. Boy, did he look cute! Just check out the pictures above... Anyway, that afternoon, I took a nap and David decided to have a photography shoot with Jackson because he looked so darn handsome. Yesterday, I downloaded the photos and came across the shot of his hair looking, a bit humorously, like a mini-mullet. I believe most of you know what a mullet is (short in the front, long in the back). I was aghast! Surely my child was not growing a mullet. I checked him over and got a few opinions from others and decided that it is really not this bad in person - the collar on the shirt emphasizes it, really it does... However, we are hovering dangerously close to needing a haircut! I just know it will break my heart to lose those ends that were his baby hair. It's acknowledging that he is no longer a baby and is now becoming a little boy. Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts - what do you think about cutting his hair???

As for more updates, Jackson is still doing great and trying many new foods. He's now hooked on the baby size goldfish and loves when I make sweet potato fries at home. He is also eating chopped up turkey wienies - I don't think we'll ever have beanie wienies though (ugh, I just can't stand the thought myself). Of course, he still throws up on me about once a day for eating things he finds on the ground or hidden under things. I find myself cupping my hand in front of his mouth so often that I'm wondering if I should just carry around a bucket... He's getting so tall and is wearing a size four shoe. He is now pointing and reaching for things he wants which is wonderful in a way because I'm able to better understand his wants but it is also annoying when he's does it for me to hold him all the time.

And, can you believe it? His eighth, yes eighth, tooth has broken through on the top - so now he has four across the top and four across the bottom. I realized this when he put his finger in his mouth and touched the new tooth , then I discovered what (and where it) was hurting. Again, a big help! Today we will be taking Easter pictures and this Sunday we'll be doing pictures of all three of us in the bluebonnets now in bloom here. Now that he is a Texas baby, I thought it would be a nice keepsake picture to have. And they are really beautiful, even more so than I imagined. However, I think the name "bluebonnets" is a little deceiving as I find their color a bit more like royal purple (which is a welcome sight for a homesick LSU Tiger).

Happy Tuesday to you all!

1 comment:

  1. We'll let the hair grow until we can tuck it under his collar... then maybe we will braid it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers