Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Jackson and our greatest nemesis - the ear infection



Well, we were on a roll - Jackson hasn't been sick since his last day of daycare on January 15th. But, yesterday that all changed. We took him in to see the doctor and he has an ear infection along with a nasty little sinus infection. The doctor actually classified his ear infection as an "angry red." So, we're taking a round of antibiotics and hoping it will get better soon. He's still the sweetest thing ever, despite feeling so terrible.

I have noticed that he is extra clingy when he's sick and that was so sweet until it started getting really old as the day drug on. I know he just wants a little TLC but I'm exhausted from holding him all day and trying to get him calmed down. I was counting the minutes until daddy got home to help me out - and of course, Jackson's hero did arrive and saved the day. He can't wait to jump in David's arms the minute he walks in the door. He's stuck to me like velcro all day long and the minute David gets home, I'm lost in his dust. But, I think I knew all along it would be that way, especially when I started staying home with him. Besides, right now his daddy is his favorite toy (second only to the dogs and the stairs) and you just can't beat that. When I was pregnant, I would always joke with David that he will be the fun parent and I'll have to be the more sensible, not-so-exciting one. You know, I'm okay with that because we balance each other out perfectly and I get so many wonderful moments with him all day that I WANT David to experience that special feeling of having this little person need you so much. When he looked up at me today with those sad "mommy, I don't feel good" eyes, my heart just melted and I was reminded of how much I am needed. What a special feeling...


We, as parents, talk about this all the time - how amazing it is to have this little person depend on you for everything, including, at minimal, survival. Though I have come to the conclusion that we need them just as much. I'm not sure how at this point I can survive without HIM. My heart goes out everyday to parents who have lost their children and I can't imagine that loss. But, that fear is not something I want to dwell on, it's just too scary; so instead, I tell myself to make the most of everyday and try to relish it as much as possible. That's one of the reasons I write this blog - I want to record these moments in time (and permanently save them on the internet) and look back on them through the years. Maybe Jackson will get a kick out of them too when he's grown - I just wonder if the internet will be around then or if I'll have to save all of these to some other form of communication (maybe I should ask Al Gore if he has any new inventions planned)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers