Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hello Again!











Hi Everyone,
Sorry we haven't made any new updates lately so today we're going to do 2. My mom (Jackson's Mimi) came to town on Wednesday of last week and left on Sunday. We stayed so busy that getting on the computer just never happened very much.
I'm attaching some pictures from that visit. It was so wonderful to see her and spend time with her - Jackson was really missing his Mimi. I didn't want to bring her to the airport when the time came for her to go home. This got me thinking about another one of those "mommy moments" we all will go through. Right now, I have such a hard time leaving Jackson for one night (I've only done it twice since he was born). How do you deal with your child leaving for college and then moving to establish their own family roots? I thought back to those times my mom cried so much when I went to high school and when she left me in Herget Dorm over ten years ago. When I dropped her off at the airport, I got in my car and just cried and remembered and finally understood what she may have been going through. Now, watching her go and knowing that we won't see her for two months is just heartbreaking and I know it must be difficult for her as well. As a mother, does it get any easier to leave your child and know you won't see them for weeks or months? I don't think so. I think you may deal with it better but it never gets any easier. I look forward to those milestones with Jackson because it will mean he is making the journey of "life" but I also dread those days and know that one day he will have to leave me. This mommy thing is so tough and it never gets any easier. I do have to say that it makes you appreciate your mom so much more...
On that note, I want to say thank you to my mom for making the trip and for being such a good mother to me (in the past, now and always). And thank goodness it will be atleast another 17 years before Jackson heads off to college!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers