Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wow, It's been a while...











It has been too long since my last blog posting! I've got lots to cover. First, Jackson had a wonderful visit with his Nana and Popa last weekend. We were able to ALL celebrate Popa's birthday together. Even though the weather was frightfully cold and wet, we still managed to get out and enjoy some of the town. Jackson also got to see his cousins - Olivia, Bailey and Kaitlyn. What a wonderful time that was! I've posted pictures from those visits. On Monday the weather was beautiful, so we spent much of it outside at TownSquare and Central Market where we had lunch, shopped, enjoyed the fountains and finished it off with some ice cream. Jackson couldn't get enough of his cousins and they all became fast friends. We look forward to our trip to Florida with them this summer. They are constantly providing attention (which he craves) and an interesting distraction for him - which helps take the load of Mama to do those things. I'm even more convinced he is a social child that needs that interaction with other children regardless of age. He thrives on this...

As for updates, well, we've got plenty. Jackson is now eating Cheerios and goldfish crackers. My new friend Rhonda from our playgroup tells me that this is the beginning of the table food stage - she insists they have made it to the bigkid table once they have their cheerios and they never go back. Let's hope this is true. He really is doing so well with his eating. He had sweet potato fries on Wednesday and is eating "toddler" cookies by the handful. It's so funny to watch him in this stage as he gets the food all over his face and licks his hands. We haven't let him try with the spoon yet but he grabs for it and really wants to take control of that part as well. That will be next on our "to do" list, I guess.

I must end with a great story about my wonderful husband and his unmatched parenting skills. On Sunday as we were going through the "Book of Secrets" for buying our home with the real estate agent, Jackson decided to fill up his diaper. David, as always, is so good about offering change him so he took him out to the car to do the deed in privacy. Well, a little while later, I go to the car to get Jackson's bottle and I notice he has left the dirty diaper on the seat next to the Clorox Disinfecting wipes that I keep in the car for spills and dirty items. The thought crosses my mind but I push it away, "surely he didn't use these to wipe Jackson's dirty behind?!" I go back inside and ask him which wipes he used and he tells me "the one with the green top." Guess what? That's right, it was the Clorox wipes. So, he wiped Jackson off quickly with a wet napkin and we didn't have any immediate effects but I did find it humorous. He gets points for trying!

We are very excited about our visit from Auntie Em and Aunt Macie this weekend and will blog again very soon about their time with us and our little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers