Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh Man, What a Month!


April concluded a very, very bush month for us. With Easter, David and my trip to South Beach, and Jackson and my visit home to Sulphur we didn't have much time for anything other than party planning fo Jackson's 2nd birthday party. Because I want to keep things in order, I will post the party pictures and birthday photos in the next blog. This post is strictly for April updates (if I don't stay in order, I'll forget and possibly lose my mind - actually I may have lost my mind already. If you find it, please send it back to my home address...)

I believe our last post concluded with a recap of Easter and our trip to South Beach so I'll pick up there. Before Jackson and I left for Sulphur, he came down with allergies/sinuses that lead to an ear infection. We went to the doctor the day before flying home and Jackson was given an antibiotic and other over the counter meds. Unfortunately, the first few days at home he really struggled with feeling bad and wasn't much company for everyone. By Sunday, he began to improve and continued to soak up the love and attention everyone was giving him. We packed as much into our days as possible (between naps and rest). Jackson was so happy to see everyone and had no attachment issues to me at all anymore. He would go right to anyone and say their name before launching into conversations with them. He also had so much fun playing with his doggies in Mimi's backyard - we sure have missed them so these last few weeks. Maggie was and remains his very best friend. In fact, I'm posting a picture of him kissing her the day we left town to return to Dallas. It almost broke my heart! I hope he is this sweet and loving with his new baby brother or sister... He also got a brand, new golf cart courtesy of Mimi and Paw Paw Bob. His feet don't quite reach the pedals but he woud sit on that thing all day. He reminded me so much of his daddy in those moments (not that it's much of a stretch when you look at him). He also got to drive Papa's wrecker for the very first time - he even learned how to turn the wheel and make the "beep" when it goes in reverse. We made visits to Auntie's to see the pigs and we went to PawPaw Rod's farm to see the llama, goats, chickens, donkeys, horse, cat and dogs. It was a great way for him to practice his farm animal noises... and he even learned a few new ones - "cock a doodle doo and bock, bock".

When we returned home, we had our monthly checkup with Dr. Neal to see how Baby Little was progressing. Jackson went with us to ths visit and was able to see the baby moving on the screen during the sonogram. He looked, pointed and said, "baby!" Even thoug it still looks like a little alien with the big head, he still knew it was something extra special. He now pats my belly and gives the baby kisses (through my belly button). That little baby was moving all over the place during the visit which leads me to believe I'll have another active one on my hands. Oh man, when does a mom get any rest?? When they're 15?? But, the good news was, the baby is healthy and doing just fine. I've gained about 3 pounds which is good and the nausea is easing up a little. I still struggle with some pain in my lower abdomen but the doctor says this is due to my uterus growing at a more rapid pace than the first time. I can attest to that - my belly has shown up and is here to stay!

My favorite thing Jackson is saying now is ,"Bless you, Mommy." I've been miserably sick with a sinus infection and I cough and sneeze all the time. He'll say it then and sometimes when I blow my nose loudly. It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Every time I hear it, I want to break down in tears. He is such a polite, pleasant little boy. My only complaint is that he is like the energizer bunny that keeps going and going at a very rapid pace and I just can't seem to ever catch up. I can't even begin to update you on what he's saying now - suffice it to say that anything you want to hear, he'll say. He even sings "Happy Birthday" now thanks to the preparations for his birthday party. Come to think of it, the only thing he really won't say is his own name. He knows it, obviously, but just won't say it to us. It's like he doesn't understand why we want him to say his own name; it doesn't make sense to him! He's pretty stubborn too but he gets that honestly...

Visit us again soon for updates on my little boy's BIG 2 Birthday Party...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers