Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Jackson's First Report - It's Good News

(My first Mother's Day with Jackson)

Dr. Hunt called us late Friday evening to tell us that Jackson's blood work (on those four vials) came back with positive results. He tested negative for celiac's disease, an endocrine disorder, CBC, anemia, etc. His levels were all normal. We are so thankful for this news and now look to our next doctor visit with the gastroenterologist for answers on possible issues with his esophogus/acid reflux and intestinal related allergy issues. She called out a prescription for prevacid to see if this helps with his eating and possible reflux. I'll keep you all posted on the results of that.

We had a great Mother's Day weekend and even went to Babies R Us to purchase a new bassinet for the baby. Jackson LOVED the toddler beds, especially Thomas the Train, so we are considering making this move to a toddler bed soon. My "Toddler Wise" book tells me its best to have them moved into some type of bed by the age of 2 but I haven't wanted to push it. He is doing so well sleeping that I would hate to disrupt it. However, I know the time is approaching and we need to get this done before Baby Little arrives.

My boys also took me to lunch at my favorite place - The Bistro at Nordstrom's in Northpark Mall. They gave me a beautiful orchid and a card from each of them. My only disappointment is that Mother's Day didn't last a week, not just one day. Don't we work hard enough all year to deserve a full week of pampering??? I guess that's not how it goes for us Moms... The world would probably stop if we all took a week off anyway.

And the BIG NEWS: Jackson poopoo'ed in the potty. Yes, my little boy told us he had to poopoo. We put him on the potty for a little while, read a few books, but nothing happened. As soon as we were about to put his diaper back on, he told David, "uh oh, Daddy, poopoo." He put him right back on and he went poopoo in the big boy potty. Now, this event did not repeat itself over the weekend but I believe we are beginning on the right track. He knows when he has to go potty (#2) and tells us. Now, we must start working on #1...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers