Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

15 weeks and counting...





Because I don't have the time, nor the energy, Jackson will have to share his blog with his soon-to-be sibling. It's only the beginning of this sharing thing so he has to start somewhere. I'm a younger sibling, I know how much of a pain we can be especially when we want your stuff! So, I'll begin including updates for Baby Little with Jackson's adventures. Sadly, we took our first belly pictures last night to mark 15 weeks (we were doing this every month for Jackson!). But, the second one always gets less attention - before and after birth! I'm posting those belly pics for your viewing pleasure. It's definitely a bump, though a little odd-shaped, and starting to cause me some back aches. On Monday night, I felt the little baby move for the first time. It was a little tickle, almost like butterfly wings, on the right lower side of belly. I hollered to David but there was no way he would feel something so slight. I believe the only reason I'm feeling it so early is that a) I'm bigger this time around and b) I know what I'm feeling from experience and it isn't gas. It made my heart swell to know I have another little life inside of me - I get so busy that I forget the miracle of what is happening. With Jackson, I had the time to relish every little thing and bask in the moments. This little movement reminded it is the same with this little person too; I have to try not to forget that. According to my book, the baby is about the size of a softball and the genitalia have fully developed. We should find out the sex at our ultrasound next month - anyone want to take a guess at what it might be?? We're still hoping for a boy but who knows - I don't have a feeling either way. I would love to know what you all, loyal readers, think!

And now, on to the Jackson updates:

~He is now taking the prevacid every night for acid reflux and I find it is helping a little. His appetite has improved somewhat though we would love for it to get even better (but, hey, at this point, we're happy with any improvement). Today is his appointment with the gastro doctor that specializes in pediatrics. We will discuss the reflux/esophageal issues and possible allergies.

~His vocabulary continues to grow every day - we are amazed at some of the things he says now. Just yesterday, he pointed at one of his favorite books that we keep in the car (Richard Scarry's Cars, Trains and Things That Go) and said "book." I asked him "this book?" and he responded "that book." He knows the difference between this and that! My little genius...

~ He still begs his daddy to play "golf balls" as soon as he walks in the door in the evenings and we've enjoyed the nice weather (when it isn't raining). They now play baseball too and Jackson is doing great catching and throwing. I'm hoping David will take him to the driving range to practice putting sometime this summer - Jackson would be in heaven.

I'll post soon on the results of our GI doctor visit today...

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna say since you wanted a girl the first go-round, but were blessed with a little boy instead, that since you want another boy, you're having a girl! Congrats either way!

    ReplyDelete

Followers