Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"School Days, The Golden Rule Days..."

Jackson's naproll and Thomas backpack.
Finishing up for the day and posing with his friend Lillian and MawMaw.

Starting the day (see Katherine in the background, she's not happy yet either)


Ready for the first day of school (Daddy is at least, Jack isn't so sure).



Jackson had a great day at school. Yes, you read that correctly! Now, the pictures you see above may show much concern in his little face and you might think I am misguided. But, once he got past the "first day" jitters (and we left the room!) he calmed down and really had a great time. As we arrived, he wouldn't leave his daddy's side and actually clung to his pants leg as we tried to leave. Two of the teachers had to grab him and carry him back to the room crying. We waited around few minutes, peeked back in and he was already playing and had calmed down. The teacher said he did great, though he didn't eat any lunch (and I packed his favorites). He napped great, which shocked me - I wanted to know the teacher's secret when she said they all fell asleep as some point. He even sang a new song for us - "Good Morning" which he must have learned today in circle time. When we picked him up at the end of the school day, he was all smiles and very excited. We took him to Chick fil A for a special snack and he ate an entire kids' meal and an ice cream. He was hungry! All that activity wore him out (and the fact that he didn't eat lunch). I expected that to be difficult for him as we have such trouble getting him to eat at home without distractions.

He waved goodbye to his classmates and Mrs. Taba (short for Mrs. Tabatha) and has been in a great mood since. We can only assume he had a great day! Prayers were answered...

*As an aside, I would like to mention that mommy had a very hard time this morning leaving him behind. A big thank you to daddy for reminding me that this is a good thing for all of us and for treating me to a nice breakfast to take my mind off of the anxiety of the morning.

I also want to mention that this morning when we were rushing out of the door to get to school in the awful, horrible monsoon we were having, I told my son and husband, "Let's go or we will be late for school." I saw a flashback of my own childhood and then wondered aloud, "How many times am I going to say that in my lifetime?" David answered for me - hundreds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers