Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Friday, February 20, 2009

A Sunny Day in Texas

Today Jackson and I spent the afternoon window shopping and strolling around TownSquare. The weather was beautiful and there were a lot of moms out with kids. Jackson made a friend at the Barnes and Noble, where we stopped to read books, who played with him. The mom of his new friend had 3 kids in tow - all about 16 months apart. And I thought I was tired! We also had another interesting visit to the Library today (it's also in the TownSquare). This little boy was playing in the books near Jackson and he appeared to be about three years old. I base all my ages off of Kolby and Keighly so these are strictly guesstimates. Anyway, this boy is speaking what seems like gibberish to me and I'm thinking, "shouldn't he be old enough to speak clearly at this age??" To make matters even more confusing, he starts singing "Old McDonald" but only manages to clearly say "E I E I Oh." So Jackson is watching every move this little boy makes and then the boy turns to Jackson and begins this long discussion of what seems to go on for a couple of minutes. Jackson then begins screaming and crying - he scared the crap out of him. Well, I'll get to the punchline here as I'm sure this story is getting a little long (but I've got to set it up properly). The little boy's father walks up after picking out a few of the DVDs available then begins speaking to the little boy in FRENCH. So, that's what the gibberish was all about - the poor kid was French and I'm thinking he's just got some major developmental problems. So, the valuable lesson learned here is that I should have paid better attention in French class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers