Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

If Only My Life Were A Reality Show...


*Jackson's Valentine's Party at School*

If cameras followed me around, then I could possibly catch some of the hilarious (often outrageous) things that are said in our house. Instead I'm forced to blog about it, which loses over half of the joke because you've missed the spontaneity. That said, I will still attempt to chronicle one of the funniest "episodes" in the Little House.

Scene: Daddy has fixed mommy a Valentine's meal and after both parents get up and down a few times to take care of kid demands, they finally sit down to eat...
Dialogue-
Jackson (who is not eating his dinner, as usual): I'm cold.
Mommy: Finish your dinner and you can sit by the fire.
Jackson: I need a blanket.
Mommy: You are always cold when you are sitting at the table and don't want to eat dinner. Eat and you can get down to sit by the fire.
A minute later...
Jackson: I have to go potty.
Daddy: I just took you to the potty before we sat down. You do not need to go, you're just avoiding dinner time.
Jackson starts to fidget.
Mommy: Are you going to pee pee in your pants?
Jackson: No but I'm pooping in my pants right now.
Daddy: Let's go to the bathroom, now!!

Mommy laughs and laughs. Then finally finishes her cold dinner.

So, you see, life is never boring with two little boys around. I sometimes try to remember how quiet and still things were when David and I lived by ourselves. That seems like a monastery life to me... those were the simple days when I only had to prepare one meal an evening instead of 3. No one pooped their pants at the dinner table. My clothes were not constantly stained with some type of food, excrement, etc. I actually had intimate moments with my husband (sorry but its true). And I actually got presents from my husband on Valentine's Day and not silly cards. I had no clue what Nick Jr., PBS and KERA meant much less had my TV tuned to those channels 99% of the time. A conversation with my husband didn't involve screaming over wrestling toddlers or whispering over a 3 year old sleeping between us...

Yes, life has definitely changed - for the better of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers