Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good Times, Bad Times (but never boring times)



*We enjoyed a day of beautiful weather at Towne Square last week. That is where I shot these pictures of my beautiful boys. Jackson never stopped running (he's my little Forest Gump) so I had to get action shots only of him.*

It has been a tough week in the Little household... It has brought with it all the headaches (literally) that come with being a mom of two boys, ages active and extremely active (in other words, 3 and 1). It began with preschool drama (yes, there is drama in preschool), peaked with extremely bad weather that had us all jumpy, valleyed with a CT scan for my migraines and ended with William having a very hard day of being sick and tired (I can relate). I am so glad this week has finally arrived at the weekend so that Daddy will be home to make things a little easier on all of us. I'm hopeful that next week will be better - wait, have I just jinxed myself?! You'll have to visit the blog next week to find out... (my poor attempt at a teaser - sad, I know).

Updates on the boys:

Jackson's obsession this week has been Cars 2 and he has played nonstop with the few hundred model cars he has from the movie. He even falls asleep holding them. He also likes to play out scenarios with these cars and today I overheard him pretending one of the cars was William and scolded him for bashing his other cars. Life plays out in drama! His usual way of handling his brother has been to grab him around the neck and shake him, but that's landed him in time out pretty often lately, so he's taking to releasing his frustrations on his cars. I can relate! However, he had a moment of sweetness today for William and tried to hug him and tell him "Bubba loves you". William backed away slowly and gave Jack a look that said, "this must be a trick, what are you going to do to me?" Can't blame him - Jackson is unpredictable and very mischievous.

William's new word of the week - "Go, Go". And, Buddy, when you say it, he heads for the door. Speaking of doors, my little troublemaker can now open every door in the house, including the doors leading outside. We have to be very careful to lock them behind us or we could have a child on the loose. I'm secretly worried Jackson will unlock them on purpose to get a break from his brother "bashing his cars" - see paragraph above. William's new favorite activity is running full blast toward any street or parking lot. It's like he instinctively knows its dangerous... well, that and he loves for people to chase after him screaming "William, STOP!" To him, it's the funniest game ever. To me, it's torture.

This week, I have a simple prayer request - Please pray that God helps me find patience, strength and improved health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers