Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

These Are the Days of Our Lives













Dear Diary,

It's been fifteen days since my last entry. It's sad that I'm losing my memory at such a young age, but I've had to look at my calendar to see where the time has gone. And as I look, it comes to me that my last entry was just a day before we held our first annual Supper Club dinner at Casa Little (that would be our home) for ten of our friends. The theme was "A Cajun Mardi Gras" and I relied on a couple of Mimi's trusty recipes and threw in a few new ones just for kicks. It was a blast! And took a couple days to recover from... Then, two days later we got 13 inches of snow here in Trophy Club - the most ever recorded in one day. It was unbelievably beautiful and quiet, especially when the power went off at midnight. After spending a frigid night bundled under the covers - all 5 of us! - we headed over to MawMaw's to warm up our web feet. We're not used to this cold weather and snow where we come from (imagine my southern accent saying that). We put as much winter weather gear as we could find on Jackson, which took about 15 minutes, then headed outside for some fun in the snow. Jackson took about two steps into the yard and protested with lots of pouting and wailing until I finally carried him back inside. I don't think it was the snow that bothered him so much as the all the gear we made him wear. I'm pretty certain of this because days later he had lots of fun walking in the snow that was remaining in the yard, while wearing only a jacket and his tennis shoes, and giggled plenty. So, he and I watched Daddy build the biggest snowman you've ever seen in the back yard. He even used Jackson's legos as the eyes, nose and ears. The metal bucket on his head didn't last too long and by the next day we had a headless snowman hanging out in the middle of our backyard. Days later we found the legos after all the snow finally thawed. And that weekend, we went to the mall and stocked up on winter wear for the whole family - If I must survive in this weather, I'll need the proper equipment!! I"m wearing my nice, warm uggs as we speak and the web feet are feeling pretty toasty.


Jackson's cousins have been in town this week - he's loving it and so is Mommy. He finally has playmates that have endless energy for trains, cars, books, colors, playdoh, balls, golf, and on and on. Mommy, not so much! He talks up a storm - we had the longest conversation last night at the dinner table where he told his daddy all about his day at the Children's Museum. When he threw a few words I knew in there, like, "cars, choo choo, Moo, ball, roar, MawMaw, bubbles, up, etc.", I would fill in the details for David. We were so amazed as he just sat there jabbering away and would answer questions I asked him (though, again, we didn't understand much of the answer). He also told me to "say please" when I asked him to "say please" - but, hey, we're getting there - he atleast says please now!


He's growing up so fast right before my eyes but he still gives me the best hugs and kisses... I hope they never stop even if he is a big boy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers