Heading

Everything you want to know (and maybe a few things you didn't) about our life as we just try to get through one day at a time with our two boys - Jackson and Will. This is an exciting time for our "Little" family!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Egg Hunt Chaos...















I'm sure when most of you read that we would be attending our first Easter egg hunt with our Trophy Club Families playgroup, you probably thought "that will be utter chaos with all those kids." Well, if that was your thought, you were right!! There were probably about 30 kids along with their frazzled mothers. Or maybe I was the only frazzled one, who knows!? My friend Rhonda did say she would need a glass of wine immediately following to calm her nerves - and she has twins to chase after! I've only got one who isn't quite walking yet and he still kept me busy. So, let me begin by saying that when we arrived, we were one of the first few so things were peaceful and harmonious. Jackson quickly began playing with his buddy Jackson (yep, they have the same name) and the plastic Easter eggs. Within fifteen minutes, and huge wave of people showed up and that was the end of our peaceful gathering. Little kids were everywhere (they all range in age from 6 months to 4 years). At this point, you will all be sad to hear that my camera battery died. Yes, I know, great timing. Well, Rhonda took some pics with her camera so as soon as we get those from her, I'll post them ASAP.

Anyway, the egg hunting began and the kids were off like a bunch of ants covering the yard. Jackson and I made our way to a far corner to avoid getting trampled and starting gathering a few bright, plastic eggs. I then made the mistake of opening one to show him there were "treats" inside and this particular egg contained a blue rubber snake (they were stuffed with noncandy toys for the young ones). Anyway, that was the end of his egg hunting - all he wanted to do at this point was play with that darn rubber snake. I know, a boy after his father's own heart...

Now, it was brunch time and the kids were getting hungry and cranky. We thought we would feed them a little but instead spent most of the time keeping their hands away from dumping the plates all over the cream carpet. It was wild, that's for sure! Jackson had a few bites of cheese and cupcake then decided he was done with this party. As many of you know, when Jackson is done, he lets you know it - loudly! So we packed up our things and headed home. We were in the truck less than two minutes and he was out like a light. He never fluttered and eyelid when I got him out to put him in his bed. I did get pics of this and they're posted above. The sad thing is, I don't know who was more exhausted - me or him!

We'll post the other pics soon!

(I've also posted a picture of Jackson and his daddy mowing the yard yesterday. We have him doing all the chores around here!! They were just too cute out there together...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers